Virtual Music Competition
The Global Musical Arts Competition is open to all instrumentalists, singers, and ensembles of all ages and nationalities. We welcome all performers regardless of gender, musical background, and years of experiences.
Solo in the following instrumentation:
Keyboard (Piano, Organ, Harpsichord)
Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)
Duo (in any instrumentation)
Chamber in groups of three or more (in any instrumentation)
Division I (solo performers age 9 and under)
Division II (solo performers age 10-13)
Division III (solo performers age 14-17)
Division IV (solo performers age 18-22)
Novice Musicians (solo performers age 21 and above, non-music major and new adult learners)
Professional Division (solo performers age 23 and above, professional musicians)
Duo Junior Division (age of performers are 13 and under)
Duo Senior Division (age of performers are 14-22)
Chamber Junior Division (age of majority performers are 13 and under)
Chamber Senior Division (age of majority performers are 14-22)
Participants can choose one piece or movement that showcases performers' musicianship and technical abilities within the given time frame.
Division I: up to 12 minutes
Division II: up to 12 minutes
Division III: up to 15 minutes
Division IV: up to 15 minutes
Novice Musicians: up to 12 minutes
Professional: up to 12 minutes
Duo/Chamber Junior Division: up to 15 minutes
Duo/Chamber Senior Division: up to 15 minutes
Enrollment in the Honors Program is open during two months of the year: January and July. Participants may enter any three competitions within the twelve-month period in which they enroll. Students who enter during the month of January may enter three competitions before January 1st of the following year; students who enter during the month of July may enter three competitions before July 1st of the following year.
At the end of the year, a student in the Honors Program will receive a certificate of participation and an achievement award. If desired Honors Program members can enroll in additional competitions for a discounted $30 entry fee. For more information, please click Here.
If all members of a participating chamber group are part of the Honors Program, they may submit their performance as one of their Honors Program competitions for the year.
Memorization is mandatory for all solo entries.
Using urtext music is allowed for all duo and chamber music entries.
Accompaniment is optional and permitted for solo performances.
Performing from unauthorized photocopies or illegal downloads of copyright music is not allowed. It is the applicant's responsibility to check if the choice of music has copyright infringement. Any video that violates the copyright laws will be automatically disqualified.
1. Only unedited YOUTUBE videos are accepted. Video must be in 'public' or 'unlisted'. No other video format of any sort will be accepted.
2. All performances must be recorded in one take.
3. Video should show the face, body and hands of the performer as well as the instrument.
4. It is highly encouraged to record the video with the best available technology as possible.
5. The entire performance must be under the given timeframe in each category.
6. Videos must be recorded horizontally.
7. The title of the video must contain name of the performer or the group, the session, and the division of the entry.
For example, "John Smith, GMACompetition March 2023"
8. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the video is recorded high-quality and follows all
guidelines. Any videos that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified.
9. GMAC will showcase only the videos with music within the public domain or music with performance permission granted from a composer.
Performances are evaluated on the artistry, technique, and overall presentation of a performance. Applicants are expected to dress in an appropriate and professional fashion (no ripped jeans, workout clothes, etc.).
1. First place, Second place, Third place winners and Honorable mention will receive a digital certificate, along with recognition on our website, and social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
2. First place winners will receive a printed certificate in the mail, along with recognition on our website and in our social media platforms.
3. First place winners are entitled to recommendation letters for any organization or college/university application. Letters will be in pdf form, sent in email upon request.
4. First place winners in each category will be automatically entered in the yearly GMAC Musician of the Year Competition. One GMAC Musician of the Year will be chosen at the end of the calendar year to receive a $500 award. Results for the Musician of the Year award will be announced every year toward the end of the calendar year.
1. Teacher of the Month certificate will be awarded to the teacher with the highest student participation.
2. Certificates of Excellence will be awarded to teachers with overall outstanding students at the end of the calendar year.
3. The teacher with the most winning students will be awarded the title GMAC Elite Teacher of the Year. He/she will receive a cash prize and a printed certificate in the mail.
All GMAC Elite Teachers and teachers with Certificates of Excellence will receive a recommendation from GMAC on a social/digital platform of their choice upon request.
1. Judges' decisions are FINAL, and are not subject to review or appeal.
2. All judges are qualified professional musicians from distinguished music schools, orchestras and musical organizations.
3. Judges are not allowed to score their current students to maintain fairness.
4. At least three judges will review each video performance.
Terms and Conditions
1. The entry fee is non-refundable.
2. The decision of the jury is FINAL with no appeal.
3. All the information provided by the applicants must be true and accurate.
4. GMAC reserves all the right to amend rules and regulations.
5. The applicant consents to disclose their name and video at the time of submission.
6. GMAC will keep applicant's email information for correspondence and newsletter purpose.